Home » Mold Facts

Mold Facts

MOLD

In South Florida we are familiar with mold because of all of the moisture that is ever present. We can see this from the occasional spots in the shower to our patios and pools. When you see mold on the ceiling, around your air conditioning vents, or discover it in places like around the dishwasher, kitchen sink, behind appliances, under carpets and padding, or under base boards – you might have a much larger issue and could be noticing health concerns.

The most frightening thing is…. Sometimes it is not visible at ALL.

The safest thing for you and your family or office could do with this situation is contact WHOLE SALE MOLD CONTROL so that we can come and give you an assessment of what could be or could not be present.

It has always been better to be safe than to be sorry!

Mold can live in air ducts or in your air conditioner. Mold can live in the air conditioner’s drain pan, cooling coils, and throughout the entire ventilation system. Mold spores can also breed and travel through your ventilation system. You may just notice your allergy symptoms have been acting up, a musty smell, or you may experience nothing at all.

Sometimes you might not realize there is mold in your house, especially if it is unusual looking mold. Some mold growth looks white and thread-like. Other mold appears as clusters of small black spots. Mold can be black, gray-brown, gray-green or white in color. Mold growing behind wallpaper made of vinyl can even appear orange, pink or purple.

ABOUT

Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. However, when spores are present in large quantities, they are a health hazard to humans and animals, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.

Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. The term “toxic mold” refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, not to all molds. Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can cause serious health conditions and can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g., daily home exposure, can be particularly harmful.

SOME SYMTOMS OF MOLD EXPOSURE

Physical Symptoms of mold exposure can include:

  • Nasal and sinus congestion
  • Eye irritation, such as itchy, red, watery eyes
  • Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, chest tightness
  • Cough
  • Throat irritation
  • Skin irritation, such as a rash
  • Headache
  • Sneezing/Sneezing fits

WHAT TO DO

Call us here at WHOLE SALE MOLD CONTROL to have a free estimate to intelligently assess the damages that may or may not be present (954) 429-9906 or (561) 792-4835.

You’ll need a qualified, trained, certified, licensed professional to eliminate the problem – Safely.

We will come out as soon as the same day as this is as time sensitive issue. We will inform you every step of the way and walk you through the mold remediation process without much disruption to your family or place of business.

Mold can be a serious problem – it’s not only destructive to your home, it can also make you sick. So when it comes to mold removal, you need an expert team working for you. The WHOLE SALE MOLD CONTROL team is highly trained in mold removal and remediation, and our company is fully insured and licensed by the State of Florida. Our full-service firm offers mold removal and remediation, repair to damaged areas, and any renovations required to walls, floors or other areas. In addition, we employ a full team of remodeling specialists who can even improve your home or property.

BLACK MOLD

Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”. Sensational news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Any mold in your home should be treated with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold. Please call immediately for an estimate to have one of our professionals come to inspect the area and do not touch this or try to fix this issue yourself. This could be very hazardous to your health!!

Types of Toxic Black Mold Symptoms (Short Version)

Toxic black mold causes serious symptoms and health problems such as mental impairment, breathing problems, damage to internal organs and sometimes even death. The main groups of symptoms toxic black mold causes are:

  • Mental and neurological symptoms
  • Respiratory symptoms
  • Circulatory symptoms
  • Vision and eye problems
  • Skin problems
  • Immune system problems
  • Reproductive system problems
  • Tiredness and discomfort
  • Other illnesses and health effects


Mental and Neurological Symptoms From Toxic Black Mold

The trichothecene mycotoxins produced by toxic black mold are neurotoxic. This means they can kill neurons in the brain and impair a person’s mental ability. They also cause nervous disorders such as tremors and can cause personality changes such as mood swings and irritability.

Symptoms:

  • Confusion
  • Brain fog
  • Shortened attention span
  • Difficulty concentrating and paying attention
  • Slowed Reflexes
  • Disorientation
  • Dizziness
  • Memory loss and memory problems
  • Impaired learning ability
  • Hallucinations
  • Shock
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Aggression and other personality changes
  • Tingling
  • Trembling
  • Shaking
  • Seizure
  • Numbness
  • MANY MANY MORE ETC.

MOLD FROM A LEAKING SINK

Some of water problems in homes are usually created by leaks. However if you already know that you have had a water leak (such as leaking pipes or a leaking ceiling) then just that knowledge by itself, even if you don’t see signs of water damage, is a good sign that you might have mold growing in your house around the area where the leak was.

Mold growth from leaks can often be hidden. If the leak was behind a wall or other surface then any mold will probably be hidden behind the surface too. Even if the leak was not behind a surface there could still be mold hidden out of view behind a wall or other surface from water which seeped through.

Smelling a Mold Odor

When you have mold growing hidden away in your house, often a moldy smell might be the only clue that it’s there. Don’t ignore mold odors if you can’t see any mold. You should thoroughly inspect your home before any mold problems get worse.

You can find out how to inspect your house for mold at WHOLE SALE MOLD CONTROL.

Seeing Signs of Mold Growth

Visible mold growth might seem like an obvious sign of mold. However many people don’t notice small amounts of mold growth or they think it’s just soot or dirt. Sometimes people simply ignore visible mold in their house.

If you can see mold growth, even if it’s only small, you should take action immediately. Small mold patches can spread and the fact that there is any mold shows that the conditions in your home are right for mold to grow.

If you don’t take care of mold it will soon become a bigger problem. Visible mold growth could also be a sign that there is a much larger mold colony growing hidden away from view.

Comments are closed.